1. Can a foreigner buy property in Rwanda?
Foreigners can own one property in their name for residential purposes and generally, the process of buying is very straight forward. Any additional properties will be considered an investment and thus will have to be bought in a company’s name.
Luckily, the process of registering a company for real estate investments in Rwanda is quick and straight-forward as well. Vibe House offers this as a service, which includes the company registration itself, the preparation of the business plan which is required for the investment, certificate, and the application for the investment certificate.
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
2. What are typical real estate agency fees in Rwanda?
Most real estate agencies in Rwanda are working on success-based fees (commissions and there is no up-front payment required. For clients looking for a commercial or residential property in Kigali, that means that you don’t have to pay us anything if we are not successful finding the right property for you. Vibe House follows the same approach.
The typical real estate agency fees in Kigali (and Rwanda in general) are as follows. These are the fees for the tenant and/or the buyer.
- For rental properties (minimum rental period is six months), the fee is 50% of a month’s rent.
- For commercial properties, the fee is 50% of one month’s rent
- For sales, our fee is 2,5% of the final gross sales price (for both commercial and residential properties).
3. "I want to work with VibeHouse to advertise my property. What do I need to know ?"
If you want to advertise your property with us, the easiest way is by contacting us via email@example.com or by sending us a WhatsApp message.
The more information we have about your property, the faster we can advertise your property on our website and use other advertising channels to find a buyer/tenant.
So feel free to add information such as the location, size, interior, plot size, etc., as well as your asking price (and possibly a “last price”) and any other information you would like us to know or think that they should be included in the listing.
After you we have the signed agency agreement, our photographer Olivier will make an appointment to take professional pictures of your property.
As soon as we have uploaded your property, you will get the confirmation and further feedback the moment we have news on your listing.
Depending on the property, we can also focus our marketing effort (for instance by filming a property tour for our Youtube channel) which of course can have a decisive effect on the advertising process. This can be discussed seperatly, we are always open for your ideas.
These are the fees on the owner side (professional photoshooting is included) :
- For rental properties (minimum rental period is six months), our fee is one month’s rent.
- For commercial properties a rental period of minimum six months, the fee is one month’s rent
- For sales, our fee is 5% of the final gross sales price (for both commercial and residential properties).